G5RV For 80M and 40M
- Covers 80M-6M, but I use it only on 80M and 40M
- Bought mine on eBay for $70 from WA2NAN, based on eHam reviews (http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2202)
- Impressive construction: This antenna (the "True-Talk" model) consists of 102' of #12, double covered stranded copper wire. The center insulator was designed by WA2NAN and incorporates a strain relief for the ladder-line. The end insulators are heavy duty two-way pull, egg-type and support the antenna very well. The ladder-line is 31' of 300 ohm HD copper-clad steel window-line. The feeder is connected to 70' of high quality RG-8X coax and includes a silver-teflon PL-259 connector. All connections are soldered and covered with heat-shrink tubing.
- Outstanding performer on 80M and 40M, at only at 33 ft. high strung between some trees in the backyard.
- Highly recommended (for $70 fully assembled with 70' of coax, you can't go wrong)